Just A Thought

Just A Thought

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

P.I.N.K Women











Ladies @ Uri if your looking for a great female org. that supports their members, and has that welcoming feeling P.I.N.K is the org for you. Below is a brief overview of who they are and what they do.

P.I.N.K. Women

Our mission is to educate URI and the surrounding community on issues that pertain to multicultural and ethnic female groups. As an organization, we will focus on positive female minority advancements, progressing multicultural family life, and to hold diverse events to mirror our purpose.
Events that we do:

• Breast Cancer Walk
• Book Drive
• “In the Spotlight”, which is when we have an independent, strong, successful woman come speak to college students about their trials, tribulations, and how they overcome hardship in their lives.
• Open Mic/ Karaoke Night
• Parties, on and off campus
• Saturday Academy: mentoring program
• Last Day of Class Bash/ Study Breaks
• Domestic Violence awareness events


Office: URI Memorial Union Rm. 130
Facebook group: P.I.N.K. Women


President: Cyntoya Simmons
401-261-3708
Mscjsimmons@gmail.com



Vice President: Domenique C.
domeniquec@mail.uri.edu
Treasurer: Carissa Calise
carissa_calise@mail.uri.edu










Public Relations:
Laura Wrath
laura_wrath@mail.uri.edu
Secretary: Lauren Coppola
lauren_coppola@mail.uri.edu